• May 3Follow Your Roaring Red Newspaper on Instagram: @Chhs_Newspaper :)

• May 3Fine Arts Showcase: May 10th at 7 p.m.

• February 21Congratulations to the Chemistry R&D students advancing to state!

Daylight Savings Time

is ending

Santi Gaughan, Editor in Chief

This upcoming Sunday (November fourth) , the hour from one to two o’clock in the morning will be repeated which will give the effect of more percieved evening sunlight throughout the winter and fall seasons. Setting the clocks back an hour marks the end of daylight savings time, which is when the clocks skip an hour in order to gain the effect of more percieved evening sunlight in the spring and summer. Now it should be noted that the hours that the sun is out won’t actually be changed by moving the hours back and forth, however it will cause people to adjust the hours they do things in. This has some weird side effects, as students who go to school the folling Monday will still be adjusting to the time change, which can lead to events feeling like they are happening an hour later.

To clarify, daylight savings time starts in the springtime, and on November fourth of this year it will come to an end as the clocks are set back an hour. Daylight savings time was first proposed by a New Zealand man named George Hudson in 1895, however it was not until 1905 when a fancy outdoorsman named William Willet got upset when he saw a bunch of people “wasting” precious summer daylight hours by sleeping when daylight savings time became a thing that legislatures really talked about. On March nineteenth 1918 the United States started to observe daylight savings time, and ever since then the majority of the states put their clocks forward in the spring and set them back in the fall.

Santi Gaughan, Editor in Chief

Hello, my name is Santi Gaughan and I am the editor in chief for the 2018-2019 Roaring Red Newspaper Team. I was previously the head of videos from 2017-2018,...