• May 3Follow Your Roaring Red Newspaper on Instagram: @Chhs_Newspaper :)

• May 3Fine Arts Showcase: May 10th at 7 p.m.

• February 21Congratulations to the Chemistry R&D students advancing to state!

How to Not Feel Guilty When Climate Change Takes Full Effect

Santi Gaughan, Editor in Chief

It’s a well known (and well repeated) fact that only one hundred companies are responsible for seventy one (71) percent of global emissions. These emissions will lead to the Earth having to experience a loss of sea ice, increased percipitation, more intense hurricanes, and an increase in drought season. However, all is not lost as (at the current time of writing) there are still steps that can be taken to lessen the effects of the emissions.

First and foremost, the easiest way to combat these changes are to contact representatives and promise to not vote for them if they choose to not support greener legislation. This will pressure those people to put more restrictions in the aformentioned companies that are responsible for seventy one (71) percent of emissions, and if that happen it will act as the crucial step to make the world a viable place to live in the coming decades. If that doesn’t float your hypothetical boat, then one could take steps by reusing more items, such as plastic bags or plastic water bottles (or by getting reusable alternatives to those items), and recyling more.

One might ask at this point “why does this matter, if the world is going to end then we might as well go out without making intense changes to my hypothetical lifestyle,” and to this hypothetical strawman, it is important to note that it is not the end of the world as if these steps are taken now, then it is possible to combat climate change. Additionally, other aspects of the world will be heavily impacted by the more intense rainstorms, forest fires, droughts, and hurricanes, including the economy (as fixing all the damage that these events create will not be cheap, and these events will also impact industries of the agrarian variety). Hundreds of thousands of people will also be displaced as costal regions get flooded in the not so distant future.

In conclusion, be more green and elect representatives that give a care about the planet in order to combat the evil whims of mother nature.

Sources [will be updated]

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/ – This is a NASA article about the vital signs of climate change.

Santi Gaughan, Editor in Chief

Hello, my name is Santi Gaughan and I have been regularly contributing stories and videos to the Roaring Red since September 2017, and I am responsible...